Precision Pulse Heart Rate Monitor App
ithlete Precision Pulse is a precision heart rate monitor app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad that works with analog HRM chest straps and allows you to use GPS run & cycle tracking apps & listen to iPod music all at the same time.
Precision Pulse is designed to be an accurate, easy to use training companion that provides visual and sound feedback of all essential heart rate functions.
NB - as of 18 Sep 2014, we have taken Precision Pulse down from the App Store whilst we perform some essential compatibility changes for iOS8.
ECG accurate heart rate, average & maximum heart rates, personal HR zones, workout and lap times are all supported, together with sophisticated training load (TRIMP) and Calorie calculations.
Unlike other Smartphone heart monitor apps, Precision Pulse uses a small receiver dongle to pick up the signal from analog (5.4kHz) chest straps. The receiver has a headphone socket so you can listen to music at the same time as getting sound feedback from the app when you are below or above your chosen heart-rate zone.
Precision Pulse is also the first heart rate monitor app that incorporates Dr Phil Maffetone's 180 formula designed to maximise development of your aerobic fitness and ability to use fat efficiently as a fuel during exercise.
Precision Pulse features and benefits:
- Individualised aerobic and anaerobic training zones suitable for workouts focusing on both endurance base building and intensity or intervals
- Sound alerts when out of zone mixed with your music through headphones
- Sophisticated heart-rate calorie calculation uses age, weight, gender and fitness level (VO2 max)
- Training load (TRIMP) calculation continuously rates the impact of each workout on your body
- Stopwatch & lap timer functions
- Detailed chart showing heart rate & training load profile of current and stored workouts
- Training log with date, total & lap times, Calories, TRIMP, max and average heart rates
- Long device battery life - you can workout for hours with the screen off and still have battery for calls
- iOS 4 multitasking compatible, can run simultaneously with GPS run & cycle tracking apps on iPhone 4 & 3GS
ithlete ECG Receiver
Heart Rate Monitor